Honselersdijk (ZH): O.L. Vrouwe van Goede Raad (N.
Molenaar jr., 1927-1928)
Honselersdijk
is an old village, but in the Middle Ages it had
no
church. There were however two chapels, one belonging to the local
castle, the other belonging to the church of Naaldwijk. After the
Reformation the protestants of Honselersdijk depended on Naaldwijk,
while the catholics attended a hidden church in Poeldijk. In
1907 Honselersdijk finally became a parish. An old auction building was
turned into a church, and architect N. Molenaar built a presbytery next
to it. In 1928 the auction building was replaced by the current church,
designed by N. Molenaar jr., son of the architect of the presbytery.
It's a three-aisled basilica with a wide central aisle and narrow,
flat-roofed side-aisles. The choir is lower and narrower than the nave
and is flanked by additional spaces. The frontal tower has a square
tower ground plan and an octagonal upper part. At its front is
an external portal. The church was designed in a Traditionalistic style
with neo-Gothic influences.
|